FORUMS: list search recent posts

change motion project frame rate?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marck Savoie Voyer
change motion project frame rate?
on Feb 26, 2008 at 7:54:29 pm

Hi there!

I've created some text animation in motion in 23.98 because that was what I was asked for at the beginning... Then I was asked to give the animations in 29.97 for 1080i delivery of the project.

I believe I can't change the frame rate of my Motion project once it was started... But is there a way of doing a copy paste of my project and paste it in a new project with the correct frame rate? Or will I have to start from scratch?

Thanks,

Marck

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: change motion project frame rate?
on Feb 27, 2008 at 7:19:28 pm

You can certainly copy & paste from one project to another. You'll probably have to adjust some of the keyframes for timing, though.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Marck Savoie Voyer
on Feb 28, 2008 at 3:39:02 am

I actually tried to create a new project and copy paste between the 2 and it did'nt work... When I hit paste, nothing happens... But if I paste in the same project, it works :(

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 28, 2008 at 4:58:40 pm

I just created (using a template setting) a 1080i 60 project. Added some footage, and built a quick lower third using a generator, a rectangular mask, blur filter and colorize filter. I then added some text, and added a cheesy behavour to it.

I then created a new project, custom setting, 1080...23.98. Moved it to my other screen.

Went back to first project, copied all my groups, went to my 23.98 project, hit paste, and everything came in...all footage, filters and behaviours.

Using Motion 3.02

Return to posts index

Isazaly Mohd Isa
on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:13:46 am

You can OPEN your Motion project with TextEdit, search for 30 and change the value there and save it. When you open the project in Motion, you will get the NEW framerate settings.

Hope that'll help you or anyone who needs it.

Isazaly Mohd Isa @ Zalee
Apple Certified Trainer
Malaysia

http://isazaly.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

federico betta
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:53:04 pm

THANKS!
federico

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jan 19, 2012 at 4:05:05 pm

That was a great tip! I had a project that I didn't create and needed to change the framerate without having to re-create the whole project...this worked perfectly! I did have to change a couple of properties, such as the font size, but other than that, it was perfect.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:34:37 pm

Motion VFX just released a Free plug-in that changes your Motion project's FPS within a click. Check it out here: http://www.motionvfx.com/mtools-2.html

Unfortunately it only works with Motion 5. :-(

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Balaji Muthappan
on Mar 18, 2012 at 2:49:59 pm

cool!!! i saw lots of round abouts... in other forums... this is so simple and SUPER! thank you again!

Return to posts index

Ryun Hovind
on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:52:29 pm

That was an awesome tip. You have a new blog follower my friend.

Ryun

Just what is it that I don't get?

Return to posts index

Nayeli Garci-Crespo
on May 12, 2016 at 2:11:13 pm

THANKS for this tip. Amazing. I love that the project can be edited with text.

FYI, in order to change a project from 59.94 to 23.98, I had to change "60" to "24"... first try I put in 23.98 and it showed up as 23.96. Not sure what you would put in if you wanted straight up 24 fps.

I was also able to change the project preset from 720 to 1080 (and then of course had to resize in the project).

Return to posts index

Nayeli Garci-Crespo
on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:37:14 pm

One last thing... you'll also have to change the duration to the correct number of frames. Just search in text for "duration" and then edit the number.

For example, I had a graphic that was set in the project settings to last 4 seconds that I switched from 29.97 ("30") to 23.98 ("24") and, because at first I only changed the frame rate and not the duration, when brought into a project in Final Cut (this was a generator), it would have an extra "blank" frames at the end. Once I changed the duration to the correct number of frames (4 sec x 24 = 96) all was good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]