FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zooming text with motion tracker

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Petermann
Zooming text with motion tracker
on Feb 23, 2008 at 7:10:44 pm

Hey guys,

I am quite new to apple motion and I'm trying to do a simple animation but it won't work:

I have camera footage showing hills and slowly zooming out.

Now I want to place a text in front of these hills and zoom out with my footage. The effect should be that the text is a part of the environment and kind of "attached" to the hills.

I tracked four points using analyze motion. This went very well. After that I created some text, applied the "match motion" behaviour, selected "four corners" and chose the four tracking points from my "analyze motion" behaviour.

As soon as I do that, the text gets skewed and I can't resize it anymore. Although it now kind of follows the motion it doesnt stick to the points i defined but somehow drifts away while zooming out.

Can somebody please give me a short idiot-proof tutorial how to do this? The text should stay in the shape I defined and simply stick to the tracking points (i uses tracking points close to the corners of the text box)

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Zooming text with motion tracker
on Feb 24, 2008 at 7:24:35 pm

Maybe you can provide a few screenshots of the problem? The motion tracker behaviors only work in x-y space, they do not track z-axis motion. So if you wanted to track zooms with text you'd have to do the actual zoom parts manually.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]