FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I do this in Motion.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Bokoski, Jr.
Can I do this in Motion.
on Feb 22, 2008 at 10:35:12 pm

I have an image created in photoshop (think Nike swoosh). I'd like to reveal the swoosh by animating it onto screen by following the curve of the image...not by a straight wipe or dissolve etc. I believe this is done with masks, correct?

Can this be done in Motion? Are there any tutorials out there that will help?

(I'd like to attach a jpg of the swoosh but don't know how to do that here.)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Can I do this in Motion.
on Feb 23, 2008 at 12:37:20 am

Sure you would do this by keyframing the shape of a bezier mask.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Feb 25, 2008 at 4:11:06 pm

> Can this be done in Motion? Are there any tutorials out there that will help?

Animating a mask is relatively simple in Motion and so are several other reveal options. But your question implies you need help understanding just about everything in Motion including alphas, keyframes, and behaviors.

The basic tutorials supplied with the application will get you started but Motion is ridiculously complex.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

mortimer heathcliff
on Feb 28, 2008 at 5:55:31 am

Hi Frank,

I just downloaded/purchased Ripple Training's Motion 3 bundle. Several hours of tutorials that will take from identifying everything on the screen to some pretty complex stuff. I've only gone through the first 4 tutorials (only about 18 more to go!), and have already learned a ton...enough that i will have to refer back to them often to remember all the keyboard shortcuts. REALLY worth the $200 investment already...

thanks again!

mh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]