FORUMS: list search recent posts

Volumetrix Zoom Question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Winston A. Cely
Volumetrix Zoom Question
on Feb 20, 2008 at 11:27:01 pm

I'm using the Zoom Volumetrix Filter in Motion. I have my frame margin set big enough to let the Zoom rays bleed off the edge of the screen. In Motion (2.1.2) it looks incredible! In FCP (5.1.4) however, the Zoom Filter looks as though it's cut off - as if I had not adjusted the margins. I've tried grouping the text to it's own layer and clicking on the Fixed Resolution box, but I still get the same problem in FCP. There are no other filters on my text. The text does have a drop shadow, though (created inside the style tab of the text itself). I've tried trashing the prefs in both FCP and Motion. What am I doing wrong? It's worked perfectly in the past.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Volumetrix Zoom Question
on Feb 21, 2008 at 2:44:00 am

Winston,

This is a limitation within FCP I'm affraid , but there is a workaround.
Nest your graphic with a matte generator underneath that has its opacity set to 0%.
Then apply Volumetrix to the nest.

You could also render out an animation+ movie out of Motion and use that in FCP, set the alpha to black.

Hope that helps

Peter

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
Re: Volumetrix Zoom Question
on Feb 21, 2008 at 2:16:51 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the workarounds! The project file I'm creating in Motion actually has a background, so the alpha channel thing wouldn't actually apply to this, however, I will export out a self contained, DV movie file from Motion so I can get the great Volumetrix effect. (The project is 720x480 DV). Typically I create this file at the end once all the feedback from the client has been incorporated, so it's not that big a deal.

I've used Volumetrix inside FCP on titles and graphics before and it's been terrific, but this is the first time I've needed to use it inside Motion to create some full screen titles/graphics. Just wondering if this is a problem because I'm still using FC Studio 1? Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Stone

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]