FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text being continuously rasterized

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Bainter
Text being continuously rasterized
on Feb 12, 2008 at 5:25:16 pm

Hey guys... I've tried to scour everything about finding out how to use the text tool in Motion w/ a camera and when I zoom in having it continuously rasterized. Is this possible? Or will I have to use AI/pdf files to do this? Right now when I use the built in text tool in 3d space and zoom the camera in, it gets very pixelated. I want it to look clean and smooth.

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Text being continuously rasterized
on Feb 12, 2008 at 7:54:31 pm

Howdy,

Go to the View dropdown menu in the project window toolbar and select Best from the Render Quality section. Amongst other things, this will try to rasterize text at screenspace resolution. Keep in mind two things, though:

1. Best mode can run like molasses, so it's best reserved for export, not working in.

2. If you have a situation that forces a precomp, the text can be prevented from being rasterized at its onscreen resolution. For example, let's say you put some text in a group, scale up the group, then apply a filter to the group. Since the order of operations goes image->filters->transforms->blending, the contents of the group would get rasterized at the filter and then scaled up, resulting in artifacts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]