FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Helium Framework causing Motion to crash

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Burr
Missing Helium Framework causing Motion to crash
on Feb 4, 2008 at 11:15:06 am

Hi, my Motion 3 and also Compressor 3 crash when attempting to open them. From the error report details it says about a missing HELIUM frameworks in both error reports.

This is very frustrating as I am half way through a huge project and now cannot use Motion or Compressor.

The rest of FCS2 works as normal. I'm on Leopard 10.5.1 and a 24" Aluminum iMac.

I've done repair permissions etc and restarts but still nothing has changed.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Cheers

Return to posts index

Ryan Burr
Re: Missing Helium Framework causing Motion to crash
on Feb 4, 2008 at 7:04:27 pm

Here is my error report:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Helium.framework/Frameworks/HeliumRender.framework/Versions/A/HeliumRender
Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Helium.framework/Versions/A/Helium
Reason: image not found

Any help would be REALLY appreciated

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Feb 5, 2008 at 3:30:03 am

Howdy,

Did you recently install Leopard? If so, did you do an Archive & Install installation? Archive & Install isn't supported by the Apple Pro Apps, which can cause frameworks to go missing. Most likely, you'll need to reinstall the Studio. To do so (without wiping your hard drive) you'll need to properly remove Compressor and Motion. You can find the instructions for removing/reinstallation Compressor here.

Return to posts index

Ryan Burr
on Feb 5, 2008 at 5:17:23 pm

Hi Jim, all seems fixed now (fingers crossed). Basically some guy in another forum sent me the Helium.framework folder and told me to replace mine with his. After that Motion and Compressor opened but were not perfect (Couldn't submit batch) but FCP then was the program that failed to open on launch.
I uninstalled all of compressor and the Motion app as stated in the link you gave, reinstalled them both and updated only FCP to 6.0.2 in the software updates, I left the pro apps 2 update alone as I read that had something to do with the problems.

So everything working good now, hopefully stay that way. Thanks for your response also.

Return to posts index

serge desbiens
framework
on Mar 17, 2008 at 10:18:55 pm

could someone please mail me the framework cause even reinstalling FCS2 didnt correct the situation (i don't use motion, just compressor to export my FCP movies and it just stopped working last week, and I found this thread when googling the error message, but the helium.framework is not avail anywhere
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joseph Olden
on Mar 15, 2009 at 11:34:48 pm

Would someone mind sharing the helium folder with myself as well? I also began receiving the error about 4 days ago and am trying to avoid a complete reinstall due to time sensitivty. Many thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]