FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bowers
Text Effect
on Feb 2, 2008 at 7:22:59 am

I have added a URL to a short video trailer I am trying to figure out how they made the text look as if it is coming out if the ground, but am having no luck can somebody please help me.

Thank You,
Bob Bowers.

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Text Effect
on Feb 3, 2008 at 4:36:52 pm

Howdy,

They probably did this in a 3D app like Max, Maya or Cinema 4D, but you could do this in Motion. Regardless of which program you use, the process is pretty much the same.

First, you'd need to do a 3D track of the camera's movement, which you'd do in an app like PFHoe. You'd import that camera path to Motion, which will allow you to place objects in the scene with them properly respecting the camera move.

For the text, you'll need to do a few steps. First, you'd create the finished text and position it below the ground. Then, you'd add a black shape that is flat on the ground, obscuring the text. Next, you animate the text, it'll rise through the black shape, appearing as it does so. Once you've done that, you can render out a black-and-white pass (background turned off) of the text appearing, then reimport that and use it as a mask for your original text.

All this will make the text appear as if it's appearing out of the ground, as well as dealing with the moving camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]