FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you do this with Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Smith
Can you do this with Motion?
on Feb 1, 2008 at 4:16:49 pm

Can anyone give me a lead on how to do this? Is this something that can be done within Motion?

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/object/4486317_flourishes_set_with_...

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Can you do this with Motion?
on Feb 1, 2008 at 8:32:04 pm

Yes, there are many such flourishes in the library of shapes and doodads that comes with Motion. However, the best such is carefully designed and masked and the strokes are also animated. You pay for the work one way or another.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Ian Smith
on Feb 4, 2008 at 1:40:43 pm

Thank you for the reply...

I created the general effect, though I wasn't sure if it were actually the most efficient way.
Here is what I did:
I pulled a graphic of a leaf - Using an animated mask, I made the leaf look as if it grew.
I also drew a line, and using bezier curves, created the vine shape wanted. Then gave the line the "draw on" effect, and animated the "width over time", to give the vine a similar look.
Last, I added on more very short line with the same effect, to be an off shoot of the main vine.

This does pull off the effect I'm looking for, though I can't help but wander if I am doing it the MOST efficient way. It's not a matter of laziness, rather I naturally want to do things the best way. I had played with the selectable floral designs and didn't find them to be the exact look, though I could intertwine the two (using the floral, AND what I had custom created).

What is your view on this?

Return to posts index

Edward Musatov
on Feb 5, 2008 at 5:57:53 am

Seems to me that it can be done much easy with Trapcode 3D Stroke.
http://www.trapcode.com/products_3dstroke.html
IMHO only

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]