FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pearl Necklace Animation

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Stegner
Pearl Necklace Animation
on Jan 30, 2008 at 11:37:42 pm

Ok, I'm at a loss on this one. Help?

I need to animate a necklace with a heart on it, swinging into the frame, swings for a second or two then breaks apart, the heart falls out of the frame and the necklace falls out.

This will all be created with Illustrator parts (the heart, and the little "balls" on the necklace.

I need to "attach" the little balls (actually little gradient circles) to the "path" of the necklace, so that they follow the path as it swings and moves about. Once it breaks (the path will actually be an open path so I can grab a point and "break" the path. As one end of the path falls out, the little balls stay "linked" with the path.

In short, let's say I have a perl necklace come in, swing (path moves around), breaks, both ends fall separately out of frame... all while the "pearls" stay attached to the path.

WOW, I hope that makes sense.

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm also posting this to the After Effects and Flash Forums.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Pearl Necklace Animation
on Jan 31, 2008 at 12:07:35 am

yes I think I've seen something similar.

Peter

:)

Return to posts index

ChrisStegner
on Jan 31, 2008 at 12:54:12 am

Thanks for the post Peter, but man that doesn't help.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jan 31, 2008 at 6:33:15 pm

Sounds more like something that should be done in a true 3D app, like Maya, Lightwave or Modo.

Unless you want a really cartoony look?

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Zak Mussig
on Feb 6, 2008 at 9:10:00 pm

I agree with Arnie that this probably won't look "right" unless it's done in a 3D app.

If you're looking to do it in Motion I would try a replicator. Make your "pearl" with a highlight toward one side and have each pearl on the "string" (your animated replicator shape) spina bit to simulate a changing perspective relative to the light source.

I can't think of any silver bullet for the heart, but I'd animate shapes and mask them with the heart object to try and simulate highlights.

Hope that helps,
Zak

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]