FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crazy Mask Problems

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zak Mussig
Crazy Mask Problems
on Jan 25, 2008 at 11:22:48 pm

I'm working on this green screen shot and was pretty happy with what I had until I tried to export. Some quick background... I did two keys to handle two parts of the shot separately. These were done in FCP since the keying plugin I use (DV Mate Pro) only works in FCP. I exported both as animation and took them into Motion. I animated a mask to combine the two - no problem.

Even with the two keyed versions combined, there were some areas that I just couldn't keep. I brought the original clip in and animated a series of masks around these sections. This seemed to work fine. I grouped all three and continued the composite with my final keyed shot. Now it's time to export and all of the animated masks on the original clip have gone haywire. Every few frames the image disappears, shifts to the right, or is replaced by weird purple screwy render lines.

Anyone dealt with this before? I'm using Motion 3.02 on 10.5.1. The footage is XDCAM EX 1080p30.

Thanks in advance for any help... let me know if I need to provide more information.

Zak

Return to posts index

Zak Mussig
Re: Workaround
on Jan 28, 2008 at 3:01:13 pm

Just for anyone who read the post over the weekend...

I replaced the XDCAM EX footage with a copy I exported from FCP with the animation codec, and the shot exported with no problems. So FYI, be cautious with XDCAM EX footage in Motion.

I won't go so far as to say it doesn't work right, or there is some specific bug, because this could easily be some issue specific to my system. But This clip with several animated masks had lots of render and export problems.

Zak

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]