FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crumpled paper effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Tetamore
Crumpled paper effect
on Jan 16, 2008 at 6:51:04 pm

Any thoughts on creating an effect where a crinkled or crumpled picture/paper is un-folded?

The project is a tree growing with crumpled pictures "growing" on the tree. So, it doesn't have to look messy, maybe a more appropriate description of the effect is "growing".

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated.

The Visual Rabbi

Return to posts index

Ian Smith
Re: Crumpled paper effect
on Jan 17, 2008 at 2:35:51 pm

From you discription I picture invision it as somewhat of a Stop-film animation... which in that case you could possibly make the effect by a series of several images of the process (unfolding) and with several layers (two layers of each "step" as it unfolds), and making them somewhat jolt around,... maybe.
It's just a guess, but just throwing the idea out there. Nothing else maybe it'll get someone else's wheels turning and you'll have your solution.

Ian

Return to posts index

Brian Tetamore
Re: Crumpled paper effect = Stop Motion
on Jan 17, 2008 at 5:09:59 pm

Yeah, I ended up printing the image on paper and then shooting stills of the process of crumpling the paper. I'm playing with the length of each image in the timeline and their spacial relationship to each other so it looks organic.

I found footage of crumpling paper on istockphoto.com, but overlaying my images on it just wouldn't look right at all. it did however, confirm that doing it by stop motion was the right way.

As usual, I was looking for a short cut.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The Visual Rabbi

Return to posts index

Bryan Duhnovsky
Re: Crumpled paper effect
on Jan 18, 2008 at 4:19:00 pm

Maybe you should do it stop motion instead of on the computer. You can use frame thief for cheap or other STA software.
Bryan Duhnovsky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]