FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a motion tracker to adjust a layer's anchor point

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Nemetchek
Using a motion tracker to adjust a layer's anchor point
on Jan 12, 2008 at 9:22:47 pm

Hello all!

I've got an animation with a zoom. I am going from a very small area and pulling out to see the entire shot, but I want to scale one of the layers in the shot while the entire image is scaling (hope that made sense).

I used Analyze Motion to track a specific point on the base layer, and now I want to apply that data to the anchor point of the layer that I want to "grow" over the course of the shot.

Is this possible? I couldn't find anything in the manuals about applying tracking data to parameters other than the three basic ones, but I though I should check.

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Using a motion tracker to adjust a layer's anchor point
on Jan 13, 2008 at 5:49:18 am

Howdy,

You can use the 'Track' parameter behavior. Just right-click on the Anchor Point parm name and select 'Track' from the menu. The behavior will put a single tracker onscreen and will apply it to the target parameter.

If you've already got a good track done in your Analyze Motion behavior, though, there's no need to re-track. Just click on the little gear-icon menu in the Inspector for the Track behavior and it will allow you to select the already-existing Analyze Motion, grabbing the data from the other behavior. All tracking-related behaviors can share data with one another.

Good luck on your project!

Return to posts index

Ken Nemetchek
Re: Using a motion tracker to adjust a layer's anchor point
on Jan 14, 2008 at 6:03:16 pm

Excellent info.

Thanks very much!

Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]