FORUMS: list search recent posts

Credit fade in

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Garnica
Credit fade in
on Jan 11, 2008 at 9:43:42 pm

I want to add a denouement at the end of a clip, just a basic block of text, but I want each line to fade in slowly. So for example, if I have 5 lines of text, I want each line to fade in, stay on until the final line.

I know I'll have more than 5 lines, so would I be better accomplishing this via LiveType and/or Motion and set up each line as an object and then time my fade in's to appear as altogether - OR - can I somehow write everything out and then add a special fade, like a down-vertical fade for the text.

I'm trying to avoid creating multiple lines since I feel I'll have quite quite a few to work with.

Thanks for any and all advice.
Rick

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Credit fade in
on Jan 14, 2008 at 6:41:31 pm

Easy to do in LT as five separate text items. Add fade out effect.
I'd suggest you create your five lines in LT but export them one at a time, as five separate movies. That way you have complete timing control. If you leave them in one large LT file, you have to keep tweaking the whole thing each time you want to make minor changes.

You won't be able to do a horizontal wipe that travels up or down the screen in LT.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]