FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion file rendered in FCP question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave blodgett
motion file rendered in FCP question
on Dec 31, 2007 at 4:48:20 pm

I created a lower 3rd in motion, saved the file, dragged the file into FCP - everything looks great. I can scrub through the clip and all is well.

But FCP wants me to render the clip but when I do the graphic gets replaced with a large green box in the Canvas.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mac Pro 10.4.11
FCP 6.0.2
Motion 3.0.2

TIA,
-dave

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: motion file rendered in FCP question
on Jan 2, 2008 at 4:26:59 pm

Is the "graphic" that gets turned into a green box part of the Motion Library content? A piece of a preset or template?

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

dave blodgett
on Jan 2, 2008 at 5:03:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave - I believe I have solved the motion prblm which was the 1st sign of a mac melt down. The green box in the Canvas was centered in the left 3rd of the window - not related in size or location to the imported motion file. But soon after it appeared, playing any FCP sequence from the timeline began 'stuttering' and audio/video were getting out of sync. Exporting, which typically takes a few seconds wanted 45 minutes, etc.

Other non FCP issues began cropping up - like all applications were running very slow, system sounds had stopped, and activity monitor showed FCP using 16.7 TB of RAM (I assume the TB isn't referring to TeraBytes, regardless, it didn't seem to be reporting the actual amount of memory in use)

Anyway, a lot of reading here & over at macosx.com lead me to install Disk Warrior which showed & repaired directories on 2 drives. Also installed and ran the Maintigit scripts.

All is well again.

-dave

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Jan 2, 2008 at 5:55:14 pm

Very scary! Did you have backups if things had gone wrong?

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

dave blodgett
on Jan 2, 2008 at 9:43:31 pm

oh yes, regular backups - we hadn't been doing them until we got the mac, now we do them all the time.

-dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]