FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text is jerky/pulsing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gedtv
Text is jerky/pulsing
on Dec 29, 2007 at 11:35:05 am

Hello

I am still fairly new with using 'Motion 3' and today I was making a simple graphic in which I wanted the text to grow slightly over ten seconds. I used the 'Helvetica' standard font and added a 'grow/shrink' behaviour.

It all does what I want it to...but....and I'm hoping this is down to me being unfamiliar and not knowing the procedure, when I both preview and render out the project the text pulses as it grows, like it is some kind of field issue. I wanted smooth expanding text but I get this pulsing/slightly jerky growth.

I have searched through the manual and through previous posts on the forum but have not found any explanations. I've even looked up a few tutorials but can't seem to find reference to this frame to frame flicker/pulse effect I'm experiencing which does make me think it is something I've missed somwhere.

My project is PAL 25i 16:9 and I'm rendering using Apple ProRes 422(HQ). I've tried various settings such as switching on motion blur, then adding field render as well as selecting 'interlace' in the Quicktine export settings for the Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec.

This posting is really a plea for guidance as I've (perhaps wrongly) convinced myself that I'm missing a setting that I need to select which will give me smooth text growth. Any enlightment would be most welcome.

Thanks - Ged Yeates, Isle of Lewis, Scotland

Ged Yeates - Lighting Cameraman

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Text is jerky/pulsing
on Dec 29, 2007 at 4:52:51 pm

Have you tried toggling on fixed resolution on the layer?

Peter

Return to posts index

Larry Asbell
on Dec 30, 2007 at 10:14:15 pm

It is necessary to toggle rendering quality from Normal to Best to smooth out the artifacts you are seeing. And yes, it will increase rendering time significantly.

Return to posts index

Ged Yeates
on Jan 2, 2008 at 10:56:50 pm

Hello Peter and Larry

My apologies for the late response to the suggested solutions, the New Year in Scotland always causes a few wee delays in getting back to work! I just wanted to say thank you to you both for replying and I will utilise your suggestions and let you know how things work.

Again, many thanks for your replies - Ged Yeates, Isle of Lewis, Scotland.

Ged Yeates - Lighting Cameraman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]