FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 3rd party filters setup on Intel

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Devino
Motion 3 3rd party filters setup on Intel
on Dec 28, 2007 at 6:57:34 pm

I have motion 3 setup on an Intel 8-core Mac Pro, and on a Dual 2.0 G5 PPC.

On the G5 I have a bunch of Sapphire effects and Boris effects I use, and it was easy to get them to show up in my 3rd party filters tab in Motion (just go to preferences and set the folder location for 3rd party filters).

I want to do this on my Mac Pro, but when I go to set the 3rd Party Filters folder location in Motion's preferences, that option is nowhere to be found. The 3rd party filters tab still shows up in Motion's library, so how do I set the location of the folder on the Intel machine?

It seems a little weird to me that the program is different feature wise on the Intel machine vs the PPC machine.

Both systems are running the newest version of Motion according to software update.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Motion 3 3rd party filters setup on Intel
on Dec 28, 2007 at 10:45:18 pm

Howdy,

AE plugins aren't supported in Motion on Intel, only FxPlug plugins. Most current plugins are available as FxPlugs, Sapphire being a notable exception.

Return to posts index

Matt Devino
on Jan 2, 2008 at 6:53:10 pm

Hmm, too bad. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Todd Prives
on Jan 4, 2008 at 4:04:58 pm

We are working on a release of FXPlug for Motion and FCP and it will be a free upgrade to anyone who has bought or buys our V2 package for AE & compatible product.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]