FORUMS: list search recent posts

jagged text when overlay exported to dvd studio pro

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daphne gomez-mena
jagged text when overlay exported to dvd studio pro
on Dec 22, 2007 at 4:11:37 am

hi

i have been racking my brain over this searched manuals in both motion and dvd studio pro and looked through the forum posts and still can't seem to figure this one out.

i made a menu in motion, a series of stills and then made overlays that have the name of the video so that when you select the button the name of the video appears. so i made a motion file with a white background and black text and exported it as a still in various formats and whenever i set it as an overlay in dvd studio pro the text looks really jagged.

i also tried making the overlay file in photoshop and the same thing occured... any ideas on what might fix this?

please please please help.

thank you

daphne

Daphne

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: jagged text when overlay exported to dvd studio pro
on Dec 22, 2007 at 8:37:24 pm

This is a problem with DVD specs, that is why you really don't see a lot of text highlights on hollywood releases. When you do they edges a hidden with a darker background edge. The text is there when not selected and then changes color when selected.

It sounds like you want the text to be invisible when not selected, which is hard to do and make look good. Things that help are font choices, bold straighter verticals and rounded corners, back down on the opacity, Stroke the text with a red line, set this to the same color as the black text but even less opacity.

Designing DVD menus require a balance of what you want the menu to look like and what you can do within the spec.

One compromise is to use layer menus which you can achieve any look you what but you sacrifice speed of navigation, motion menus and audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]