FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vertical lines on cromed edges

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ibsmith
Vertical lines on cromed edges
on Dec 19, 2007 at 2:17:36 am

I'm not sure where the issue occurs, but I'm getting vertical lines on all edges of person (background cromed out using dvGarage in Motion). In Motion, picture is Perfect!
Once Motion clip is on Final Cut Pro timeline is when I first notice it. Usually I'll notice a quality loss if the viewing window isn't at 100%, but with this issue there is no change.
Upon export, (720x480 exported for web at 640x480) the image looks pretty clean, but then once converted into an FLV file the image looks exactly as it did in the Final Cut viewing window.
Any ideas to fix vert lines on edges?

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
Re: Vertical lines on cromed edges
on Dec 19, 2007 at 5:55:27 pm

I'm not sure where the issue is coming from, but have you tried exporting an Animation QuicTime file from Motion, import that into FCP, render and then export?

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

ibsmith
on Dec 20, 2007 at 12:58:43 am

I have actually changed the "output" settings (FROM animation to dvNTSC, custom 640x480) each time exporting a Quicktime movie straight from Motion in order to completely bypass Final Cut in order to see if I could avoid the issue...

but, to answer your exact question

No, I have not. I will try that and if something incredible happens I will respond to this post immediately for anyones future reference.

Thank you for response!

Return to posts index

ibsmith
on Dec 20, 2007 at 2:27:19 pm

I have exported using the animation codec as you suggested, and kept my cutom deminsions exporting for the web at 640x480, and the final product.....

*drum roll*

...looks much better! Naturally there is a little clearity loss due to compressing for web, but still beats what I had by a long shot. You nailed it, and caught me on something I should have already known.
With more experience I suppose I won't forget the codec requirement for green screening.

-------
Must I always export using animation codec when exporting a green screen product? I have nothing against it, I just want to make sure that I have down the best way to export for future purposes.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Dec 20, 2007 at 7:42:19 pm

I don't think it's crucial to use it, but I know that using the animation codec will keep the integrity of exported Motion projects very well.

Just a suggestion here, but I might suggest next time making your Motion Project the same size as you eventual deliverable. If it's for web make it that size, but leave all your footage it's original size. You'll either need to resize or crop your image, but this might help with the conversion; i.e. take out the variables associated with changing the frame size. Just a thought. Someone else here may need to correct me... but not in the creepy "The Shining" with Jack Nicholson way of "correcting."

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]