FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying In Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevino
Keying In Motion
on Dec 16, 2007 at 7:28:08 am

Hi list,

Could I inquire of the pros what is the best keying pluggin for motion? I have been researching the forum but haven't found anything definitive. Some mention of Primatte Blast but I just wanted to post to see if anyone who has traveled this path might share their experience and make a recomendation or also post back whether motion is the a good tool for keying in general. I will be shooting HVX-100 and I would like to stay withing a FCP Studio workflow as I'm not so good at After Effects.

Many thanks

Kevin

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Keying In Motion
on Dec 18, 2007 at 4:16:53 am

Howdy,

I've spent some time with dvMatte Blast, keying DV, HDV and DVCPRO HD. It compensates well for the lossiness of those formats, and it runs pretty much in realtime on HD imagery.

Return to posts index

Kevino
Re: Keying In Motion
on Dec 18, 2007 at 4:29:15 am

Thats specialcase for posting back. Awesome to hear from someone having success with a particular keyer. I'll give it a shot. Can I ask two followup questions?

Do you round trip from FCP to motion with HD media imported from a P2 card?

Shooting greenscreen, I'm gathering 30 p progressive is an ideal mode as it removes any interlacing. Is there an optimal frame rate to avoid any motion blur. (I'm shooting dancers for an online interactive game).

Many thanks in advance for any illumination.

Best,

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]