FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default backround as alpha channel

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nelsonmay10
Default backround as alpha channel
on Dec 5, 2007 at 5:02:30 pm

I don't know if I have to reload motion 1 or not, but when I do projects, I can't get the background to default as an alpha channel.

I do a lot of work with Zaxwerks proanimator and also a lot of Digital Juice Products.
I have looked high and low and can change background color (at times) but can't get the alpha channel I need to export lower thirds and graphics, etc. I have been having to composite in FCP, which is limiting.

First, can you walk me though the default steps and I will see if I can can get it. I would like to have it set as a default, but would also like to add a background at any time in a project if i need to.

Thanks.

G5 2.0, 4MB Ram OSX 10.4.8 FCP Studio 5, Zaxwerks, Mbox Adobe Creative Suite.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Default backround as alpha channel
on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:41:08 pm

Lookup "exporting with alpha channels" in the PDF manual. That will give you the correct answer.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10
on Dec 6, 2007 at 5:18:57 am

I tried by the book. I set my transparency to 0% and used the alpha + lossless and still get a black background on the rendered .mov file.

I also can't change the background color in the project properties.

any more sugestions?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Doece25
on Dec 6, 2007 at 2:13:55 pm

When you view your exported clip with Quicktime, the background will be black, though if you pull it into FCP and lay it on Video track 2, or whatever, the alpha channel should work its magic, yes?

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10
on Dec 6, 2007 at 3:33:54 pm

I must be having a bad day. yes, after import into FCP, I did get the alpha channel.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10
on Dec 6, 2007 at 5:19:56 am

I tried by the book. I set my transparency to 0% and used the alpha + lossless and still get a black background on the rendered .mov file.

any more suggestions?

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10
on Dec 6, 2007 at 5:19:58 am

any more suggestions?

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10

any more suggestions?

Return to posts index

nelsonmay10

any more suggestions?

Return to posts index

Robert Grove
on Jan 10, 2008 at 10:41:29 am

In the Project Properties there is type of background to select, Transparent or Solid have you checked it ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]