FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project looks bad after Export...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DVX100Shooter
Project looks bad after Export...
on Nov 30, 2007 at 12:19:52 am

I have a project that I am working on in MOTION 2. I imported a layered image from Photoshop, tweaked it and added a title and other content from within Motion. Now I want to export the project so I can use it in a FCP project. Before the export, everything looks nice and crisp. After the export the picture I imported from Photoshop does not look as crisp as it did before the export! I checked all of my settings and cannot figure out why this is. I tried exporting several different times with different export settings as well and still does not have an appealing look. It looks almost like its somewhat out of focus but b4 the export its crystal clear and sharp!

Any ideas to what is going wrong?

Chuck

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Project looks bad after Export...
on Nov 30, 2007 at 3:09:07 pm

The usual answer to this is the user often does not understand the difference between the source element and the target format. You have not provided either of those criteria nor have you indicated your experience level but I shall presume you are bringing in a large Photoshop image and it is being scaled down to fit something more useful like DV. You may be scaling an image that is 3,000 pixels wide down to something that is less than 800 pixels wide so, yes, it will look significantly less interesting than the original.

I cannot recall if M2 supports project rendering within FCP.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

DVX100Shooter
Re: Project looks bad after Export...
on Dec 10, 2007 at 11:35:25 am

Actually when I exported out of Motion and looked at it on an external monitor, everything looked good. So everything is cool!

Chuck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]