FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
11thFloor
Exporting to DVD
on Nov 30, 2007 at 12:04:26 am

I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how I can get a Motion 3 Project to to look as crisp as it should on a dvd.

I am exporting a .motn file into a FCP 6 time line. The sequence settings in both programs are identical. I am then using Compressor with the DVD Best 90 min setting to input the final product into DVD Studio Pro to burn to a standard DVD-r. Now after all of that it looks ok from far away but if you sit right at the monitor you can tell its pixelated.

This project is in 16:9 because I want to have the flexibility to watch it on a wide screen tv.

Now I notice two things...if I try to export as a quicktime movie from FCP it looks perfect. So I know I have to be doing something wrong in Compressor or DVD Studio Pro. Also, I notice that after I am done in Compressor it shrinks my motion project to 720x480. Could DVD Studio Pro be taking that file and trying to blow it up, thus making it pixelated? Is there something that I can do in Compressor that will allow me to compress my project at its native size and not be an incompatible format for DVD Studio Pro?

Sorry for being long winded....just really frustrated that I can't create a nice clean motion project and then view a clean unpixelated version on a dvd.

Any help would be great...thanks!

Return to posts index

Erik Andersen
Re: Exporting to DVD
on Dec 9, 2007 at 7:04:58 pm

I'm having the exact same issue as 11th Floor. Using the "best quality 90 min" settings produces an awful looking m2v from a crisp Motion animation. I tried using a different setting, Animation NTSC (which I modified so it became 16:9) and the results were perfect.

Unfortunately, this setting outputs a .mov file, not the .m2v/.ac3 combo. And it's a big .mov file, that DVDSP has to recompress! Plus, only small segments of my movie are animations.

How can I get Compressor to apply compression appropriate for animation to just the segments that are animations?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]