FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows Suddenly Gone in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johnny5
Windows Suddenly Gone in Motion
on Nov 20, 2007 at 10:18:11 pm

I've got a Mac Pro 2 X 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-Dimm Ram, Mac OS X 10.4.11, QT 7.3, Motion 3.0.2.

Everything has been running fine except suddenly, my window on the left with Library, Inspector, and File Browser won't appear when I open projects. When I try to hit keyboard shortcuts to bring up the windows, I see the menu indicate at the top of the screen like it's trying to pull something up, but the side of the screen where a window should appear stays empty. I've tried restarting my computer or opening different projects. All the other shortucts to open the layers tab, canvas, etc., work fine. Just not the windows with those three areas I indicated above.

I've tried different keyboard layouts. Nothing seems to bring up those windows.

Anyone ever encountered this before? Weird...

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Les Bradley
Re: Windows Suddenly Gone in Motion
on Nov 26, 2007 at 3:04:46 pm

Similar problems here. Seems to have started with Leopard installation.

The main menubar of Motion only shows the Apple; other items -- File, Edit, etc. -- are missing.

Most drop-down menus will not drop down. Same problem is happening in DVD Studio Pro.

I'm running Final Cut Suite 2, which had been working fine. I just re-installed the entire suite; the problems are still there.

Following other folks suggestions, I've tried repairing permissions, turning off Spaces, unchecking everything in Spotlight preferences, logged on as a different user, and more.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Les

Return to posts index

kevin collar
on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:29:09 am

Did you manage to fix problem of disappearing Inspector in Motion. If so, how ? I have the same problem.

Return to posts index

Michael Romano
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:17:56 am

Easy, go to your motion preferences file...

com.apple.motion.plist

it can be found in "your user"/Library/Preferences

Trash that file then empty the trash....

A new preference list will automatically be made....

Problem solved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]