FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lower 3rd causes color change

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ibsmith
Lower 3rd causes color change
on Nov 9, 2007 at 1:00:31 pm

I had created the lower third with motion, directly on the Final Cut 6 timeline... as soon as the lower third animates in from the bottom of the screen, the video image changes color slightly, and once the graphic slides out the bottom off the screen the color goes back.
The graphic is created on a transparent layer, though it seems as if that is exactly what is bleeding through or something. Though I have tried changing the transparent background on the Motion project from white, to black and anywhere between.
OH, and need I mention that I can't see the color change on the computer monitor, BUT ONLY once exported onto DVD and played on 2 of 5 televisions. Is there an issue with the interlacing of certain televisions?
Yes, 2 of 5 is not that bad... but I have this video going into a clients hands and is being played in front of a large audience that naturally I don't want to have one of those (2 of 5) players that shows a screen color change when the lower thirds pops in and out.

Return to posts index

ibsmith
Re: Lower 3rd causes color change
on Nov 12, 2007 at 2:36:26 pm

I wonder if anyone knows much about the television interlacing...could that be a cause? My theory is that maybe some SD televisions interlace at different rates than other televisions, or if age of the tv itself could effect the pictures refreshing too?
Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Lower 3rd causes color change
on Nov 12, 2007 at 2:41:10 pm

Highly unlikely it is a 'interlacing rate' difference.

1) have you tried exorting the graphic out of Motion directly as an animation+ quicktime and dropping that on the timeline?

2) Are you set to render with superwhite or any other render settings that could be throwing it?

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]