FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Presets

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Countdown
No Presets
on Nov 8, 2007 at 8:10:16 pm

When I open a New project, the Select Project Preset window only gives me "Custom...". No other presets like the manual indicates. I just started using this program (new install last month) and don't think I've ever seen a preset in the window.
How can I fix this?

FCS2
Motion 3.0.1
Octobox 8GB RAM

Return to posts index

Countdown
Re: No Presets
on Nov 8, 2007 at 8:34:30 pm

I'm gonna give this a whirl.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306528

I'll let you know.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 8, 2007 at 8:36:17 pm

Trash your preferences- which you can find out how to do via Google if you haven't do it before.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, Apple Color and now the HVX200!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Countdown
on Nov 9, 2007 at 2:14:21 am

Well, reinstalling Compressor and Motion and then doing the updates worked to fix that no presets problem.
It took about 2.5 hours and 8 of the install discs.
Funny thing is that after I trashed all the Compressor and Motion files, the FCS2 Installer had checked all the programs on for reinstall and all but Motion was greyed out (couldn't turn on or off), but only Compressor, QMaster and Motion had a file size associated with them. Nonetheless, when all was done, Software Update indicated that Final Cut Pro required the update to 6.0.1. Well, it already was at 6.0.1. which makes me think the installer installed 6.0 overtop of 6.0.1 and that could spell trouble--we'll see.

BTW. I didn't have snapping guides (or any guides) before. I thought that was a related issue, but turns out (after reading the release notes--rarity) that this is a known issue and I need to hit the "n" key twice. Except I found that I really only needed to hit it once.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]