FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion 3 + Leopard = Crash and Crash

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
minasi
motion 3 + Leopard = Crash and Crash
on Nov 5, 2007 at 9:58:05 pm

Hi Folks!

I was working with Motion 3.01 on my Macmini 1.83 and rencently I bought the X.5 apple brand new system. After I installed it, Motion doesnt works anymore.... I already uninstall all finalcut studio, reinstall everything, create a new user, check my permissions disk and nothing works.

anyone has any tip to me?? pleeeaaasseeee???

Process: Motion [565]
Path: /Applications/Motion.app/Contents/MacOS/Motion
Identifier: com.apple.motion
Version: 3.0.1 (3.0.1)
Build Info: Motion-2012800~7
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [185]

Date/Time: 2007-11-05 20:47:31.278 -0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5 (9A581)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000080000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 libobjc.A.dylib 0x906b76e4 objc_msgSend + 20

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: motion 3 + Leopard = Crash and Crash
on Nov 6, 2007 at 9:49:21 am

Motion does not work reliably, if at all, with Leopard. You must await the Apple updates before installing Motion on a Leopard system.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

cow
bogiesan
on Nov 6, 2007 at 4:33:46 pm

As Walter said, it's not a good idea. We hope you get it fixed and we sympathize but we don't have much patience with these posts. No one forced you to update and you really shoudl have researched it carefully. Is there anything in Leopard that you just can't live without? Transparent menus?
Still, there are many happy Leopard suers of Motion 3. One guy just moved the app package to the trash and moved it back to the apps folder. No clue why that worked. Others have done complete reinstalls of FCS2 or just the Motion packages.

file this away: "Do not install a new Apple OS for a few weeks or months. Let everyone else be the beta testers."

bogiesan

Return to posts index

minasi
on Nov 6, 2007 at 4:45:14 pm

sorry if you being bored bogiesan....

But i don't agree with you. Leopard runs faster and faster on my intel machine. No one advice from Apple has been published about motion. No one can dream about the problems would come after the upgrade. And, after all, Who is "we don't have much patience with these posts"??

Return to posts index

msacci
on Nov 11, 2007 at 7:29:26 pm

Attacking people giving you advice is not the best thing. His point is there is so many post warning people to wait. I love being the first to install but I (and most others) recommend a fast return. I installed Leopard as soon as I got it on a new HD that had a clone of my system, so I have my 10.4.10 ready to be plugged back in if things go wrong.

One thing is the MacMini even supported to run Motion?

BTW: Motion 3 is running fine on my Mac Pro, I'm just learning the app so I'm just going through the Apple Training book.

Of course the Apple documented issue of FCP not being able to use Motion templates is there. So if Motion templates in FCP is something you need, leopard is a no go.

Return to posts index

minasi
on Nov 12, 2007 at 1:03:21 pm

Sorry all! I give no intention to attack.

tks for your tips, Yes Macmini is able to run Motion 3. I think about reformat my machine and reinstall everything... who knows....

Return to posts index

Scott Wright
on Nov 13, 2007 at 6:53:17 pm

There must be some Hardware / Driver issue at work here. I have a new MacBook Pro and I am not having any issues at all with Motion and the new OS.

The only advice I can offer is to double check all the system specific updates for your machine and see if any new ones have surfaced.

BTW, If it makes you feel any better, I had to put on XP to get Pro Tools to run.

Scott

Return to posts index

Scott Wright
on Nov 13, 2007 at 6:53:19 pm

There must be some Hardware / Driver issue at work here. I have a new MacBook Pro and I am not having any issues at all with Motion and the new OS.

The only advice I can offer is to double check all the system specific updates for your machine and see if any new ones have surfaced.

BTW, If it makes you feel any better, I had to put on XP to get Pro Tools to run.

Scott

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Nov 16, 2007 at 3:09:56 pm

Sorry won't cut it.
You leaped irresponsibly soon.
I do not see the card that is in your Mini listed as being supported for Motion. Can you quote that for us?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Ernest Worrell
on Feb 28, 2008 at 10:40:53 pm

"Sorry won't cut it" ? ...you forgot to add "mister" at the end.

Return to posts index

Keith Wardrope
on Dec 8, 2007 at 12:58:51 am

It's not just an issue with Leopard, contrary to the rather rude "expert" advice you're getting, perhaps this will help -
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5948671

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]