FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 Templates & Final Cut Pro 6

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
360news
Motion 3 Templates & Final Cut Pro 6
on Nov 2, 2007 at 6:23:05 pm

I recently upgraded my computer to Leopard, and all of the sudden, I can no longer just drop templates from Motion 3 into my FCP 6 timeline. The templates just comes up as black. Nothing shows.

Can anyone help me?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Motion 3 Templates & Final Cut Pro 6
on Nov 2, 2007 at 7:32:59 pm

It is broken in Leopard, sorry.
Maybe an update will fix it when it's released

Peter

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 2, 2007 at 7:45:59 pm

This along with several other things are broken if you update to Leopard. Note that Apple has NOT released any sort of updates yet for Studio 2. I would highly advise not upgrading to Leopard at least until this happens. This message has been repeated on just about all of the Apple Pro Apps forums on the Cow.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

Raphael Singh
on Feb 20, 2009 at 8:15:14 pm

I have the same problem i try to import the master templates and they dnt appear in final cut pro.

Please Help!!!!

Return to posts index

Sean Anderson
on Feb 26, 2009 at 5:46:10 pm

Wow, I wonder sometimes why I even bother to look for advise at this site... those answers were uneducated guesses at best, and rude. Very unfair to the community at large looking to "experts" for their answers. Should you not have the solution, why answer??? The correct answer is that some of the support files for FCP were either corrupted, overwritten or just plain deleted. It is possible that either your Leopard install or a subsequent FCP update did this. It's happened to me and, I had to hunt to find which files were of issue, place or re-place them and all worked fine! The issues I had were that, FCP refused to recognize livetype or motion files and, FCP refused to go into full screen mode for playback. ALL is well now though!!! My guess is that if you have not reinstalled FCS or FCP, the problem is still there, and you have been exporting qt movies :(. Updates most likely will not fix this problem, the files much be physically placed or replaced. In my case it was 5 different files.

Sean Anderson
i.sean.ink@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Feb 26, 2009 at 6:06:10 pm

sean,

As somebody who you've decided to have a go at, I will reply.

Take a look at the date of my posting, over a year ago. Back then there was a genuine bug with templates in FCP that could not be fixed by reinstalling or moving/repairing files.

Just in case you don't believe an 'expert' here is the Apple knowledgebase article. Apple then published a fix in the next update. I stand by my post as it was accurate at the time.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25041

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]