FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gaussian Blur/Bounding Box Problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kai
Gaussian Blur/Bounding Box Problem
by
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:20:16 pm

I have a problem with a photoshop layer I imported into one of my Motion projects. It's basically a silhouette/profile of a gear wheel. i added a spin to it so that it rotates slowly. I'd like to add a second, blurred out gear., When I add a gaussian blur to the gear, it cuts off at the edges where the bouncing box is. In after effects I'd use repeat edge pixels or something like that. Is there an equivalent in Motion?

Thanks!

Kai

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Gaussian Blur/Bounding Box Problem
on Oct 23, 2007 at 8:32:33 pm

Put the image you want to blur in it's own layer. Apply the blur to that layer, not the object. Select the Layer tab in the inspector & check the box to make the layer "Fixed Resolution" with the resolution equal to that of your comp settings. The blur should now spread out past the edges of the gear's bounding box.

You'll find that many effects work better on layers than the objects inside them. Or that you can apply an effect, mask or transform to several objects at once by dropping them into a single layer. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find that it can be a powerful option- when it's not annoying!

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]