FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video card question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dThadd
Video card question
on Oct 18, 2007 at 6:03:44 pm

Video card question:

I have a Mac Pro with Two 3.0Ghz Quad-core processors, plus 8GB of RAM and a 30 inch Cinama display. I am using a ATA Kona 3 card for my video output and Capture with FCP. My current graphics card is the Nvidea GeForce 7300 and needless to say, I'd like to upgrade asap. What is is the best video for running After FX, Motion, FCP, and possibly Maya on my system? I hate slow frame rate playback so I'd like to get the most robust card for the system. Right now I am trying to decide between the ATI X1900 XT and the NVidea Quadro FX 4500. Does anyone out there have experience with either of those cards on a system like mine? If there is another card I should be considering, please let me know about it as well.

Return to posts index

Doece25
Re: Video card question
on Oct 18, 2007 at 7:18:20 pm

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but aren't those cards practically the same minus the stereoscopic display capability of the Quadro.

I am running the 1900XT with no problems with the card itself, Motion has been crashing randomly of late, but that is neither here nor there.

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: Video card question
on Oct 19, 2007 at 3:06:38 pm

The ATI X1900 XT is generally considered to be the best card for the money/performance. Check out barefeats.com for some comparisons.

-Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]