FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grow/Shrink

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stevec319
Grow/Shrink
on Oct 16, 2007 at 11:00:45 am

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Grow/Shrink behaviour to scale an image from 0% to 85%. If I scale the image to 0% before applying the behaviour it does nothing and if I just apply the behaviour the image scales from its original size to a massive size.

Please help as I don't want to have to revert to keyframes.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Return to posts index

stevec319
Re: Grow/Shrink
on Oct 16, 2007 at 10:46:54 pm

Key frames it is then...

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Oct 22, 2007 at 8:02:28 am

Hi Steve,

You can do this with Grow/Shrink, but if you've got a definite pair of values to work with then you're best off adding a couple of keyframes in this case.

Grow/Shrink works with the initial scale set then works in one direction from there. If you have a scale set at 0% then Ramp to a Final Value it'll never work (anything multiplied by 0 = 0). Set the scale to 1% and Ramp to 8500, this will give you the equivalent of 85% scale.

Now here's the kicker - as soon as the Grow/Shrink behaviour ends, the layer reverts back to it's initial value (1% in this case). So we need to add another behaviour, Stop and set this to apply to Scale. Then set the In point of Stop to the final frame of our Grow/Shrink behaviour.

So. You could do all of that. Or set two keyframes. I'm a big fan of behaviours, but they're not always the most suitable option.

That was longer than I expected :o)
Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

stevec319
on Oct 22, 2007 at 6:18:48 pm

Thanks Ben,

I thought that might be the case.