FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Running Slow

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doece25
Motion Running Slow
on Oct 14, 2007 at 7:01:03 pm

I'm working on a Mac Pro 3.0ghz quad, 6 gig's ram, X1900 graphics card.

I started a project in Motion 3 and now things are running super slow. I have a few pictures and text in the animation, with a camera move between them.

As soon as I try and make changes to the 2nd picture (adding filters) my machine slows to a crawl. Everything went fine with the first picture and camera move, now that I want to move along to the 2nd picture in the sequence I get the beach ball of death every few seconds and clicking on something takes a up to 10 seconds to register.

Has anyone run into this problem? I would think myself is more than enough to handle this simple animation. I have tried lowering the quality all the way down to quarter and it still runs slow. Any ideas how to speed things up?

Thanks in advance for your help

-Matt

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Motion Running Slow
on Oct 15, 2007 at 6:52:27 pm

Judging by the huge number of posts on Motion's behavior and response times, it looks to me like it's a major issue with Apple. There are some suggested workarounds (scroll down and look for promising threads or search) but I usually start disabling filters and whole groups in order to gain performance. Not even shifting rez way down seems to help on my system which is quite a few clicks below yours in power and speed.

There is a section in the manual on how to pick up some speed. It's all nonsense AFAICT.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]