Small Caps????

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kymeec
Small Caps????
on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:28:05 pm

Hi,
I'm using Motion 2 and I am trying to recreate some type that was done in
Illustrator, basic type. I've got the right font the only thing is that they typed the Illustrator file in SMALL CAPS which is different than ALL CAPS apparently. So I am just wondering if anyone knows if Motion has a way to do small caps or not. I only see the ALL CAPS option.

Thanks, Kym

Return to posts index

Greg Niles
Re: Small Caps????
on Oct 12, 2007 at 3:49:44 am

Motion's "All Caps" option is very similar to Illustrator's "Small Caps". Both give you all capital letters with only the 1st letter larger than the rest. In Motion, you can control how much smaller the other letters are with the All Caps Size slider.

-- Greg

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Oct 12, 2007 at 5:12:44 pm

Smaller Caps is a convenient tool but a typographical disaster. The kerning on fake typefaces is horrible. This is not usually a problem with video people but can be a total disaster for picky clients who understand print and type.
You will need to purchase the Small Cap version of their typeface if it's important to them. Or you will spend many hours tweaking the kerning.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Oct 12, 2007 at 2:47:11 pm

"Small Caps" may be a specific version of the font. Take a quick look on linotype.com & see if that's the case. If so, buy it & charge the $20-60 back to your client.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

kymeec
on Oct 16, 2007 at 1:51:04 pm

This is actually a font they created or "tweeked" to their liking. In Adobe there is an option for small caps and which gives the desired look. Unfortuantly it doesn't appear that Motion does this. The all caps is close but isn't exact. Go figure. So I ended up doing the thing in After Effects. Thanks for the feed back.

Thanks, Kym

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]