FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confused About Settings

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
meridian
Confused About Settings
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:44:25 pm

I'm basically a still photographer but I like to dabble in video too.

In a month's time I have a trade show showcasing our still photography,

We will be renting a 37" Plasma screen which will be 16x9. I have FC Studio 2 including Motion 3 and have downloaded some terrific templates from CoreMelt, NI etc and we've selected our images . . . so . . . I expect to create short animated moves in Motion and then compile these in FCP for export to DVD.

My question is this:

What basic settings do I use to end up with something that will play on a rented DVD player and plasma screen with my images not getting stretched or squeezed or clipped top and bottom in the process??

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Confused About Settings
on Oct 9, 2007 at 3:19:12 pm

You'll want to change the sequence to 16:9 anamorphic and undistort the clips. Export as a 16:9 mpeg2 and then burn it in DVD Studio Pro. In DVD Studio Pro, you'll make sure your track is set to "16:9 Letterbox" The user's DVD player will then letterbox it for a 4:3 TV or make it full screen on a 16:9 TV.

-Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, Apple Color and now the HVX200!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

meridian
on Oct 9, 2007 at 4:07:35 pm

Noah, You are everywhere!

Thanks again! (I also posted this in the Motion forum at Apple Support discussions if you want the Hat Trick!) :-)

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Oct 9, 2007 at 5:04:19 pm

I've got no suggestions about relevant software, but I should have thought you'd be better off trying to engineer the slideshow dispaying a much higher resolution of your slides, rather than reducing the resloution of each to 720x576(pal SD DVD).

There must be a better way of presenting your best hires pix direct off the laptop.

Alan in PALland

Return to posts index

meridian
on Oct 10, 2007 at 4:46:37 pm

Thanks Alan, but this screen is meant as an 8' high teaser to attract people to our booth where they can see our images in portfolio and book form.

I appreciate your post!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]