FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate Lens Flare

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
G2_Media
Animate Lens Flare
on Oct 4, 2007 at 3:44:07 pm

Anybody know how to friggen animate a lens flare in Motion? I cant figure it out for the life of me. I have a logo that I want a lens flare to flash across. Cant see to figure it out.

Steve

Motion 2.0
MacBook Pro
2 GB Ram
2.15 Ghz Dual
17 in.

G2 Media Solutions
Creative, Intelligent Media

Return to posts index

G2_Media
Re: Animate Lens Flare
on Oct 4, 2007 at 3:46:08 pm

Ok seems I get to answer my question. Here is what I did. I created a rectangle, dropped the opacity to 0% then applied a lens flare filter and slapped on a motion path. A work around, I am sure.

Steve

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Oct 10, 2007 at 2:03:39 pm

Lens Flare filter? You must be using Motion 2. It disappeared in Motion 3. It's now a generator and it blows.
However, it's still there. You just can't see it, nor can you search for it. You have to open the Blue Tech Lower Third template. Look around at the groups. There's the Lens Flare filter. Drag it to your FAVORITES folder and it should always be there until you purge your prefs.

In Aftrer Effects, we have the lovely Knoll Unmult function that builds a beautiful alpha out of the premultiplied information. There is not similar function in Motion. No one has built one, even.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Oct 17, 2007 at 5:27:22 pm

I hate the built in lens flare effects in FCP and Motion (2, I haven't moved on to 3 yet). They're so flat they look fake. This may not be an option, but if you can, buy a third party flare.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]