FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropping frames after Motion stabilization

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SaraAnn
Dropping frames after Motion stabilization
on Sep 29, 2007 at 12:21:54 am

Hello,
I'm having a weird problem with Motion and FCP. I'm running FCP Studio 2 (FCP 6) on a MacPro Intel Dual-Quad Core with 2GB of RAM and a Kona 3 card. My media is on 2 internal hard drives - SATA 7200, 500GB each, speed=3gigabits.
I'm working in Apple Prores 422 HQ. When I open my project and play my sequence it plays back fine. I send a clip to Motion (with embed motion content and launch motion checked) and apply motion stabilization; save then quit. I go back over to FCP and I can't play my timeline for more than a couple of seconds before I get dropped frames. It's not just when I play the new Motion clip in the timeline - it's everywhere and it's random. This happens before and after I render. If I remove the motion clip I still get dropped frames. If I shut down FCP without saving and reopen the project (no Motion work having been preserved) it plays back fine. I've tried trashing prefs to no avail. Any advice? I like the elegance of this workflow...if it works! I'm wondering if this is a bug that updating to FCP 6.0.1 will fix.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]