FORUMS: list search recent posts

Collecting Media save?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at UCSB
Collecting Media save?
on Sep 28, 2007 at 4:34:36 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to use the feature when you Save to collect media to a project folder, but unfortunately I get an error:

Unable to copy "" to project media directory "/Volumes/[directory]/Media"

I've searched the forum, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. :)
I'm thinking that it might be something to do with permissions on the folders Motion is trying to access? I changed the two folders that I knew files were located in, but still no luck.

Is anybody using this feature?
The project i'm trying to use it on got scattered across multiple drive and folders, if I'd done better file management from the beginning I probably wouldn't be trying to use this option.

Any suggestions?

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Collecting Media save?
on Sep 28, 2007 at 5:15:03 pm

Todd,

Yes, I use this all the time when making templates so the media gets bundled with the project.
It does sound like a permissions issue - try repairing the permissions first using disk utility.

Also have you tried saving elsewhere?

Peter

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
Re: Collecting Media save?
on Sep 28, 2007 at 6:51:57 pm

Hi Peter!

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did try saving to another HD, same error.

Per your suggestion, I repaired permissions, but it's still giving me the error.

I created a new project, threw some media into it, then save it with collecting media and it worked fine. So it's as I feared, there's something in that specific project that it can't access or is missing.
I might try building the project again with just the media i need to see if it fixes the problem

Thank for the input

Cheers,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]