FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Changing a text color of a live font

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nelsonmay10
Help Changing a text color of a live font
on Sep 20, 2007 at 3:39:28 am

I have motion 1 or studio 5 crossover. I added a live font to my canvas can can't get the color of the font to change. the font i am using is called "cool" and it is a default red. I have changed my color in the dashboard and even in the inspector, but it will not let me change red. even changing the RGB will give me variations of red. Funny, but I can change the color of the outline, drop shadow and glow of this same font. Bug? or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
Re: Help Changing a text color of a live font
on Sep 21, 2007 at 1:51:58 pm

Basically it's because the LiveFonts are actually media, i.e., each letter is actually a little movie. So when you try to add a color to the "face" parameter in the Inspector, Motion layers that color on top of the LiveFont color, which may not be what you want. It's better to shift the color using a Color Correction filter.

Return to posts index

Lou Gopal
Re: Changing a text color of a live font
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:27:53 am

Thanks for the tip of using the Color Correction filter. I used Channel Mixer to get the results I wanted. Man, that was driving me nuts !

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Changing a text color of a live font
on Jun 14, 2012 at 3:16:23 pm

If you go to the Inspector and click on the Text tab and then the Style button you can change the Face color right there.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]