FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Frustration

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattyc
Text Frustration
on Sep 11, 2007 at 2:53:23 pm

I just freshly installed FCS2 on a brand new system and I'm having the same problem I've had since motion 1.0 on motion 3.0. If I create new text object and change the font and then try to change the size of some of the characters it changes the size of all the characters. For instance if I have a price point of $9000 and I want to make the dollar sign smaller and want to offset it. If I try to change the size, it changes for the whole text object and if I try to change the offset the same thing. PLEASE someone help. Why does this happen on all my systems. I've never seen this on anyone else's system. WE've even got another FCP suite and it works for that suite. ANyone got any ideas. I'd frustrated.
-mattyc

Raising money for Blood:Water Mission to help build wells in Africa. I'm
putting my hair on the line to raise some money.
Check it out http://rattail.callac.com

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
Re: Text Frustration
on Sep 11, 2007 at 8:19:56 pm

How are you trying to change the font sizes? Motion handles this very differently from LiveType or Final Cut's Title 3D.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Sep 12, 2007 at 5:28:30 pm

If my post was confusing, what I mean is that you have to use the text sequence filter. You can't simply select certain sections of text and adjust it that way. You have to use the Text Sequence Filter to create text with mixed sizes.

Winston A. Cely

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Return to posts index

Mattyc
on Sep 13, 2007 at 1:46:25 pm

NOpe, Just trying to resize text in the inspecture using the font size slider. ANNOYING.
-mattyc

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Sep 13, 2007 at 3:01:29 pm

Oh, OK. Unfortunately, if you write a layer of text, you can't adjust individual characters with the slider. You have to use the Sequence Text Filter. I found this very frustrating at first, but now I LOVE it. Do a search on this forum for "Sequence Text" and you'll get some great insight on how to use it. (You'll probably see a couple of post with my name in it as well which will point you in the right direction).

Winston A. Cely

Return to posts index

Mattyc
on Sep 13, 2007 at 3:39:17 pm

I just opened a project and adjusted 2 characters out of 7 with the slider for text size. It's never worked before. With my luck it won;t work next time I actually need it.
-mattyc

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Sep 13, 2007 at 4:19:03 pm

That's more luck than I ever had!

BTW, here's the link to the post that helped me so much in getting use to using Text Sequence:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/170/857192

Winston A. Cely

Return to posts index

Greg Niles
on Sep 17, 2007 at 10:46:56 pm

You haven't explained what steps you're taking, but perhaps you aren't selecting the individual characters before adjusting the sliders? If you select the text layer and adjust the parameters, all characters in that layer change size, but if you click on the Text tool and drag to select a few characters, then adjust the sliders, you should only get those selected characters changed.

-- Greg

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Sep 23, 2007 at 10:48:41 am

Mine works exactly as Greg says.

Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]