FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP black holes in interface of Motion & pro apps

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Darby
HELP black holes in interface of Motion & pro apps
on Sep 11, 2007 at 5:22:22 am

I just up dated the latest pro application (software update) and I am experiencing black windows in the interface of Motion, Live Type, Soundtrack Pro, Compressor, DVD studio pro won

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: HELP black holes in interface of Motion & pro apps
on Sep 11, 2007 at 2:27:20 pm

Display issues like that are almost always related to the graphics card, not the OS and not the applications. Your problems appear at the moment to be related to the updates you ran but that may only be coincidence. While I've seen several issues with Apple's latest OS update to 10.4.10, yours is unique.

It's really impossible to tell from here what might be wrong, sorry, but reloading the application is likely a waste of time. Repairing permissions was not on your list of stuff you tried. Do that. You can safely trash the preference files for each of the applications (although you lose your presets and window layouts and some other personal settings). FCP does not use the same GPU resources as Motion and LiveType so I'd keep looking at the card as a culprit. I can't tell you why DVDSP refuses to launch.
Spend your efforts on other likely causes. Visit the card mfr's site for updates or maybe they have a user forum.

Next to last resort: Try resetting the PMU for your Mac (research that carefully).

I hope you get better advice. Try searching and posting at apple.com's forums for hardware and Mac OS10 issues. Please return to this thread (and any others you have started on the same topic) to tell us what you did to solve your problem. It will help future seekers.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

ron darby
on Sep 11, 2007 at 3:08:35 pm

Repairing permissions worked

I took your advice repaired permissions with Disk Utilities, something I need to do more often. After a short repairing pro apps are opening up just fine. I have not used them yet, but everything appears to be fine.

Thank you so much

Aloha Ron

Return to posts index

bogiesan
on Sep 11, 2007 at 4:22:05 pm

[ron darby] "Thank you so much
Aloha Ron
"

My pleasure, glad it was so simple!

And thanks for closing the thread with a positively solved resolution. Hardly anyone ever does that around here.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]