FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha Channels in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
djeddy
Alpha Channels in Motion
on Sep 7, 2007 at 2:27:28 pm

Hey guys!

I'm having alpha channel issues with motion. First off, I have a quicktime file that was created via After Effects using Animation codec and Lossless w/Alpha. This is then put into final cut and i place my videos below it. NOW i need to create text..since text generator doesnt work with this special font, and Title 3D does nothing but crash on me, i highlight these two layers and send them to motion. Motion displays everything correct in the timeline..but my After Effect layer does NOT DISPLAY my alpha channel. So I can't see the video below, which i need to sync up my text to. I've searched high and low via Motion's help folder and can't find out why the alpha channel doesnt pop up. Motion displays my animation as 'Millions of Colors +' am i overlooking something?

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Alpha Channels in Motion
on Sep 7, 2007 at 3:55:13 pm

Right click on the AE file in your Motion timeline & choose "Reveal Source Media". That will open it in the inspector, & open the media tab. At the top of the inspector is a pulldown menu for the alpha channel. Toggle it between straight & premult to see wich one works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]