FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 is cutting off, top of text, when importing into FCP 6 or when exporting? HELP!!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian
Motion 3 is cutting off, top of text, when importing into FCP 6 or when exporting? HELP!!
on Sep 3, 2007 at 1:53:06 am

I am having a problem with Motion 3, when I create text and bring in into FCP 6 or export it, it is cutting off the tops of letters. I am working in DV , this never happened in Motion 2. What is wrong? Is it possible I have a setting wrong?

Sebastian

Thank You in advance for taking the time to read and reply to my Post.

Sebastian

Return to posts index

Gabriele de Simone
Re: Motion 3 is cutting off, top of text, when importing into FCP 6 or when exporting? HELP!!
on Sep 11, 2007 at 2:15:03 pm

Enclosing the text into its own Group (aka Layer) if necessary, then go to the Group properties and enable the "Fixed Resolution" checkbox.

By doing so, you are telling Motion that no matter what the boundary of the text is, it should always render the text in an image that has a fixed size (normally: the frame size). This trick often gets rid of unwanted clipping when rendering Motion projects in FCP/DSP/Compressor. I hope it helps in your case too :-)

Gabe
Noise Industries
http://www.noiseindustries.com

Return to posts index

Sebastian
Re: Motion 3 is cutting off, top of text, when importing into FCP 6 or when exporting? HELP!!
on Sep 11, 2007 at 11:27:44 pm

This did not fix it. Thank you.

Sebastian

Thank You in advance for taking the time to read and reply to my Post.

Sebastian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]