FORUMS: list search recent posts

sending to motion something that was already done in motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Levan Bakhia
sending to motion something that was already done in motion
on Sep 1, 2007 at 4:55:09 pm

OK, here is a situation, so in FCP 2 i did my edit, and I selected one part of it and send it to motion, did some effects, saved it there, and so in FC timeline after rendering I see the result, this works fine. but then I what I want to do is to send the same sequence coming from the motion, to a new motion project, i mean let's say I did titles on the video, and this final result fades out to something else on my timeline, so then I select both of the videos, with titles and one it fades to and send it togather to a new motion project. What happens is that new motion projects shows black screen where it is supposed to show my video with titles. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: sending to motion something that was already done in motion
on Sep 1, 2007 at 8:56:52 pm

Howdy,

If you want to edit an already-created Motion "clip" (something you've already sent to Motion) then right-click on it and choose 'Open in Editor'. That will open it in Motion.

You can't embed Motion projects within Motion projects, so sending something twice doesn't work.

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Sep 2, 2007 at 10:42:20 am

[specialcase] "You can't embed Motion projects within Motion projects"

You can import one Motion project into another Motion Project by importing or dragging from the File Browser inside Motion.

Lee Berger
http://www.leebergermedia.com

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Sep 2, 2007 at 8:11:47 pm

Howdy,

Doing a drag-and-drop as you described imports the contents of another project, but it's not embedded. i.e. it's not a procedural relationship, it just copy/pastes the stuff into current project.

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Sep 3, 2007 at 10:06:14 am

Thanks. I think I see what you mean. If you drag the project into another project's group and all of the parameters are applied the the group is that procedural?

Lee Berger

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Sep 3, 2007 at 1:40:38 pm

Howdy,

By "procedural", I mean this: say you have project A and project B. When you embed project A inside project B, you're making a reference. If someone were to make changes to A, you would see them reflected in the embedded version in B.

Motion projects embedded in an FCP sequence work this way.

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Sep 3, 2007 at 10:22:13 pm

Thanks. I get it now.

Lee Berger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]