FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't adjust length of pictures imported into motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt
Can't adjust length of pictures imported into motion
by
on Aug 25, 2007 at 8:08:09 pm

For some reason, certain pictures are importing into Motion with a length of only about 1 second. And I can't seem to make them longer. Meanwhile, other pictures/images come in just fine and are completely adjustable. In addition, those images I can't seem to adjust, seem to be multiple images. So even though, the thumbnail in the motion sequence is the image I imported, if i scroll through my one second of image, its actually multiple pictures. I trashed my preferences, i even reinstalled the entire program...still the same result. Any idea whats happening?

matt

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Can't adjust length of pictures imported into motion
on Aug 26, 2007 at 2:04:53 pm

Hey Matt,

It sound like you might have brought in an image sequence, by accident. If you have a bunch of files with sequential names, like filename001.png, filename002.png, filename003.png and so on, Motion can collapse them and allow you to bring them in as a clip (image sequence). Treated as a clip, it would have a maximum length, etc.

To make sure that you're not bringing in an entire sequence, just toggle off the image sequence filter button in the bottom-right corner of the File Browser. It's right next to the Add a New Folder button.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]