FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stabilize multiple clips

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DevilDodo
Stabilize multiple clips
on Aug 7, 2007 at 11:02:55 am

Is there an easy way to do this? Rather than having to select each clip individually, apply the stabilize behavior, and analyze each clip separately... Is there a way to have Motion analyze all the clips at once?

Cheers.

Return to posts index

cow
Flavio G. Garc
Re: Stabilize multiple clips
on Aug 7, 2007 at 4:26:49 pm

Ok, this should work:

Do the motion analysis in Final Cut Pro, where you can analyze multiple clips at the time, as FCP do this in the background.

Then, select all the clips, then select "Send to Motion project".

Motion should keep the analysis of your clips. Now go to the Motion Tracking behaveur tab and change mode from "Smooth" to Stabilize.

The only thing with this is that FCP is much slower than Motion doing the Analysis.

Tell us if it worked.

Flavio.

Flavio G. Garc

Return to posts index

cow
Flavio G. Garc
on Aug 7, 2007 at 4:26:50 pm

Ok, this should work:

Do the motion analysis in Final Cut Pro, where you can analyze multiple clips at the time, as FCP do this in the background.

Then, select all the clips, then select "Send to Motion project".

Motion should keep the analysis of your clips. Now go to the Motion Tracking behaveur tab and change mode from "Smooth" to Stabilize.

The only thing with this is that FCP is much slower than Motion doing the Analysis.

Tell us if it worked.

Flavio.

Flavio G. Garc

Return to posts index

DevilDodo
on Aug 8, 2007 at 7:51:14 am

Argh, I'm such an idiot... I forgot about the SmoothCam filter in FCP. I actually only want to smooth footage, not stabilize it, so this filter is perfect.

However, it doesn't give as great control as you get inside Motion. And it doesn't allow you to keep playing the footage while you adjust the settings.

And it seems if you send a single clip to Motion, it will indeed keep the analysis info, but if you send a sequence of clips it will only keep the analysis info for the first clip. Which is kinda pointless because it means you have to reanalyse all the other clips individually.

It looks like the SmoothCam feature inside FCP might be the best solution for my situation.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

cow
Flavio G. Garc
on Aug 9, 2007 at 12:55:09 pm

You

Return to posts index

Jason Mann
on Jun 4, 2008 at 5:04:55 pm

Did anyone ever figure this out? Seems like it ought to be possible to batch analyze in Motion. Otherwise, I'll have to sit here all day clicking "analyze".

That would be less than ideal.

--
Jason Mann
Compass Light, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]