FORUMS: list search recent posts

No 3rd party plug-ins on mac pro?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mattdawgpro
No 3rd party plug-ins on mac pro?
on Aug 6, 2007 at 8:57:54 pm

I just upgraded to the 8-core from a dual 2.0 G5 and I'm installing all of my bells and whistles. I installed sapphire, which I used all the time with motion on the G5, and when I went into my preferences menu the portion where you select "folder for 3rd party plug-ins" was gone. With further inspection into the user manual it seems as though you can only used 3rd party plug-ins on the Power PC G5 machines. Is this correct? Is there any way I can use sapphire in motion on the mac pro? Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: No 3rd party plug-ins on mac pro?
on Aug 7, 2007 at 6:30:20 am

Sapphire in particular is not Intel ready at the moment- check with them directly for details on when/if they will support Intel. Other 3rd party plugins work depending on their design.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

mattdawgpro
on Aug 9, 2007 at 10:12:48 pm

Hmmm, on Sapphire's website they say the newest version, which I have, is Intel ready. That still doesn't explain why the 3rd party plug-in option isn't in the preferences window anymore. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

GaryO
on Aug 10, 2007 at 2:55:28 pm

Sapphire works on Intel for AE, FCP, Combustion, Premiere Pro and Avid, but Motion has removed support for all AE plug-ins on Intel Macs. It now only supports FxPlug-based plug-ins.

-- Gary

Return to posts index

Jonathan Howells
on Dec 12, 2007 at 6:45:30 pm

Hi there,

Back in August you were having problems in Motion on an Intel Mac, where it wasn't providing the General Preference to direct Motion to Third Party plug-ins...

Well, I've just got a new Mac Book Pro, and just installed Final Cut 6 with Motion 3 and viola, same problem.

There is no option to direct Motion to my Third Party plugs...

Did you find a solution!!! If so, help!!

Thanks

Jonathan

Return to posts index

Jonathan Howells
on Dec 12, 2007 at 6:08:28 pm

Hi there,

Back in August you were having problems in Motion on an Intel Mac, where it wasn't providing the General Preference to direct Motion to Third Party plug-ins...

Well, I've just got a new Mac Book Pro, and just installed Final Cut 6 with Motion 3 and viola, same problem.

There is no option to direct Motion to my Third Party plugs...

Did you find a solution!!! If so, help!!

Thanks

Jonathan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]