FORUMS: list search recent posts

Naming Clips in FCP can confuse Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarkLoPresti
Naming Clips in FCP can confuse Motion
on Aug 6, 2007 at 3:46:43 pm

As we all know, using Motion is as "easy" as sending a FCP timeline to a Motion project. As it turns out, how you name your clips in FCP could effect how they get to (or if they get to) Motion. In cutting a project, I named several clips with Dr. Smith as part of the description. No problem in FCP, but it using a . . . period . . . in the FCP clip name completely confuses Motion ! Not a single clip with a . . period . . transfered correctly. In order to fix this, I literally had to rename every clip in my Capture Scratch folder and relink them in the FCP project . Same thing happens with Soundtrack Pro2. I have no Idea if this is an old topic or not, but thought it was worth the two minutes it took to post just in case. Apple was ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS in helping me!

Mark LoPresti, Buffalo New York

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Naming Clips in FCP can confuse Motion
on Aug 6, 2007 at 3:51:27 pm

Well that's more of an OS level thing than FCP to Motion- period is generally used to denote the end of a file name and the start of the file type. Normally OS X is smart enough to figure this out but it's not a wise character to use. Underscore or dash is much better.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]