FORUMS: list search recent posts

spinning newspaper effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
creatureteacher
spinning newspaper effect
on Jul 31, 2007 at 5:43:50 pm

Doing a 1950's style spinning newspaper effect. got the image into motion, applied grow/shrink and spin behaviors. I can get it to do what I ant...kind of. I want it to grow from small to large, spinning and then stop. So far I've managed to getit to start out full and shrink back. What am I missing? Ralph

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: spinning newspaper effect
on Jul 31, 2007 at 5:57:11 pm

We can't see your screen from here- perhaps you could describe what's missing and then we can help you?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Aug 1, 2007 at 9:34:50 am

Hi,

i) Scale your layer down in the inspector first (to 0% or a bit above depending on your taste).

ii) Add both Spin and Grow/Shrink behaviours to your layer. Move your CTI to where you want the paper to stop and then adjust the behaviours up to the level you want. Remember, Grow/Shrink needs a positive value to grow :o)

iii) If you haven't already got it open, open up your Timeline viewer (F6).

iv) Shorten your Spin behaviour to end at the frame you want. To get your Grow/Shrink behaviour to stop you'll have to use another behaviour. Choose Behaviour > Parameter > Stop and set it in the Inspector to Apply to Transform > Scale > Both. Finally shorten the Stop behavior to start where you want the paper to freeze.

v) You're done. Turn on Motion Blur when you render out (and use the View dropdown to see it whilst you work if you want). One spinning newspaper.

HTH
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Burt Hazard
on Aug 2, 2007 at 2:28:28 pm

I seem to remember a funny sight gag from LOVE AT STAKE in which we see an ubiquitous spinning newspaper on a black background, the camera zooms out (or we cut to a wide shot, I forget which ("witch?")) and we see the townsfolk actually trying to read it as it spins on a verticle turntable; silly peasants! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]