FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying behavior question...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pseudojag
Applying behavior question...
on Jul 31, 2007 at 4:58:24 pm

Hi,

When applying a grow-shrink behavior to an image I would like for the growing to occur in the first 10 frames or so, and then have a static object (no change in scale). Trimming the behavior to those few frames results in a hard cut between the last frame of the scaling behavior and the original size of the image.

My question is how can a behavior be applied so that the dynamic effect takes place for a portion of the duration and then remains constant throughout the end?

In After Effects I would simply set a 95% scale keyframe at the start of the layer, then ten frames later create a 98% scale keyframe. So the remainder of the layer stays at 98%. But in Motion, once the behaviour is trimmed, the image reverts to its original size.

Any ideas?

thanks

-Phil

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Applying behavior question...
on Jul 31, 2007 at 7:19:24 pm

You don't have to use a behaviour in Motion, they're only there for convenience. You can set keyframes in Motion in much the same way you would in AE. Simply turn automatic keyframing on or off by typing "a", and you can record thinks like size & position automatically.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Pseudojag
on Aug 1, 2007 at 12:05:27 pm

Hi Arnie,

Thanks for your reply...

I am aware of the record animation feature. But would there be a way to apply a behavior like I outlined above and achieve a grow to start followed by a static value for the layer's remainder?

Thanks,

-Phil

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Aug 2, 2007 at 6:44:27 am

Hi Phil,

Yes, there is.

To get your Grow/Shrink behaviour to stop you'll have to use another behaviour.

Choose Behaviour > Parameter > Stop and set it in the Inspector to Apply to Transform > Scale > Both.

Finally shorten the Stop behavior to start where you want the layer to freeze.

Bingo!

HTH,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Pseudojag
on Aug 2, 2007 at 12:28:31 pm

Thanks very much Ben! Just what I was looking for!

-Phil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]