FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Serious Lee
Particle question
on Jul 30, 2007 at 3:07:22 pm

I am doing some rockets in Motion and I can't quite get them to work properly.

When the rockets hit their target, a plane, I am attempting to stop the particle emission and leave the rocket exhaust in the air..

Also I am trying to get the particles to stay on the path as the emitter moves through the scene. Seems that even old particles are still attached to the orientation of the emitter. Rather than being completely unrelated once they are emitted.. For instance.. How would I do a spiral trail? When I move the emitter ALL of the particles of any age re-orient themselves to the emitter's orientation.

Thanks

Lee

Return to posts index

Dion
Re: Particle question
by
on Aug 1, 2007 at 12:56:12 am

just guessing on this one because its difficult to know exactly what you are looking for.
#1 sounds like you need to set some keyframes on BirthRate, Life and Speed in the Inspector of the Emitter to get the particles to hang there after they hit the destination. If you are really trying to freeze them in space then add a Drag behavior to the cells. That should come close.

As for #2, I'm not sure if this does what you are asking but try the Attach to emitter slider in the Emitter controls in the Inspector. you could also try the paint tool. Paint tool is somewhat of a more controlled particle system.

Return to posts index

Serious Lee
Re: Particle question
on Aug 1, 2007 at 2:13:10 am

Thanks I will look into it.. I didn't see the fader for attach to emitter.. thought it was just a checkbox.. I'll look at it again.

Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]