FORUMS: list search recent posts

Next problem -- Has anyone gotten Master Templates to work?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Franklin
Next problem -- Has anyone gotten Master Templates to work?
on Jul 20, 2007 at 5:56:44 pm

I searched the forums, and this topic doesn't seem to have come up, yet. Maybe I'll check over in FCP.

Anyway, I did everything as instructed in both the Motion manual and the FCP manual to create a Motion master template, edit it into my FCP sequence and then open the Controls tab in the Viewer. I drag my clip, with ins and outs set, to the clip well in the Viewer. A thumbnail shows up in the well and the source file is listed properly, but nothing changes in the actual sequence. In the Canvas, I still see the drop zone icon where the new clip should be.

Are there workarounds or known issues here?

The cheese stands alone.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Next problem -- Has anyone gotten Master Templates to work?
on Jul 20, 2007 at 6:23:36 pm

What sort of clip- remember it should be standard QT media preferably trimmed to exactly what you want to use.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Franklin
Re: Next problem -- Has anyone gotten Master Templates to work?
on Jul 20, 2007 at 6:48:13 pm

It's an HDV 1080i60 project, as are all of the clips. All footage was loaded using the HDV capture settings in FCP. I am using a subclip. I tried making it a master clip, but that didn't work either.

After your message, I thought it might be an HDV issue. So I exported a reference movie of the same clip from FCP, imported it into Motion, dropped it into the appropriate drop zone, and VOILA! It worked as expected.

I just want this thing to work as advertised. I need to be able to easily customize these animations within FCP for efficiency's sake. (Of course, how efficient is spending all my time trying to solve workflow bugs?) Otherwise, I never would have bothered with Motion and just knocked it out in AE.

The cheese stands alone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]